You might think we’d be biased but in all honesty you really need 3-4 days to do Wanaka properly. If you do nothing more than a round of golf followed by sitting on the lake shore reading a book it’ll be 3 of the most wonderful days of your holiday. If you want to get a bit more adventurous and walk the Rob Roy Glacier track (3.5hrs return) or take a scenic flight into Milford Sound you’ll be telling people that was the best short walk/scenic flight you’ve ever done. But don’t take our word for it- see our testimonials.
Below are some of our recommendations.
- Morning walk around Mt Iron and or the Lake front.
- Puzzling World
- Visit the Department of Conservation offices for comprehensive national park infomation.
- Shopping and Cafes
- Fly to Milford Sound and back, including a cruise on the fiord in 4 hours – save yourself 2 extra days of travel!
- For the ultimate wilderness experience fly into Aspiring National Park, walk through absolute mountain grandeur then jetboat back to your starting point.
Rainy day options
- Transport and Toy Museum
- Fighter Pilots Museum
- Check out our wonderful, bouteque Cinema ‘Paradiso’
NZ Online Free New Zealand travel planning, itineraries and reservations for independent travellers and travel agents, direct bookings for accommodation, activites, rental cars & motorhomes